Saturday 29 August 2015

New Skincare!

It's been awhile since my last post as uni's been kicking my ass lately :( Nevertheless, I've just been chugging along and doing what I can to get my skin to play nice. Two new additions I've made to my routine:

Sukin Sensitive Cleansing Lotion



Thought I'd give this a shot, since Sukin is marketed as a natural skincare brand and alot of the key ingredients sounded really good for my skin (e.g. cucumber, aloe vera, rosehip, jojoba, etc). Unlike other cleansers, the way you use this is to massage it onto your damp face, like you would a lotion, and then wipe it off with a cotton pad/face sponge/face towel - no water necessary. That being said, it probably wouldn't be the best way to take off a face of makeup. However, as I don't wear foundation and I take off my eyeliner, eyebrows and lipstick with makeup remover, this works just fine for me. I've been using this for about 2-2.5 weeks and I have to say that it's made my face feel smoother and has reduced the intensity of my flares. It doesn't cause my skin to be irritated and it smells really nice! Huge plus is that it's an Australian brand and is really quite cheap compared to other brands. This 125ml pump bottle will only cost you $9.99, and $8.39 at Chemist Warehouse! Since this worked well, I've also bought the Sukin Facial Treatment Oil and Sensitive Calming Night Cream, which I am super keen to try.

Edit: lasted about 4-5 months for me, using it twice a day most days

Innisfree Olive Real Skin 




I decided to give this toner a try upon the recommendation from a lovely Instagrammer who also has stubborn eczema on her face. Innisfree is a Korean brand that prides itself on natural ingredients, so of course I was pretty interested to see if it could help. As I started using this about a week ago, it sort of overlapped a bit with my new cleanser and it has been a little hard to tease apart the sole effects of the toner. I'm not sure that it's made a huge difference to my skin, but I can say that it does not irritate it and provides a nice moisturising sensation before I apply my facial serum. However, this can feel almost drying as it's fast-absorbing - though, the perk is that it doesn't leave behind an oily feeling, despite olive oil being a core ingredient.



So, with these two products in the mix (and minus the epsom salts), my skin has actually been behaving itself (relatively speaking, of course). Despite being crazy stressed and anxious this past week and a half, my face did not explode into a horrible rashy mess like it would've in the past. The flares have been manageable and I've been able to leave the house feeling somewhat human. Hopefully this good behaviour will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment