Tuesday 22 December 2015

Update on skincare routine

So my skincare routine has been a bit erratic lately. I confess, I think I'm starting to become a bit of a skincare junkie, buying new products without having the patience to finishing old ones. Though to my credit, I am still using the Sukin Sensitive Cleansing Lotion and Lush Dream Cream because well, I'm determined to finish the cleansing lotion since it's only a small bottle and the dream cream is a staple of mine. I've also added on:

Rosehip Plus Pure Rosehip Oil


I've heard alot of great things about rosehip oil being moisturising for eczema. I'm using this one by Rosehip Plus, which is fairly affordable compared with other brands ($16.99 for 30ml at Chemist Warehouse). It doesn't react with my skin, and seems to be reasonably moisturising, though to be honest I couldn't definitively say whether it's making a substantial difference to my skin, since it's been doing okay lately. I tend to use this at night after cleanser and before moisturiser.

*Note: I've found that during the warmer months, this oil would be too much for my skin and I would break out

Frank Body Creamy Facial Scrub


Sooo there has been alot of hype about Frank Body on Instagram, the magical tool for success for companies. They market their coffee-based products as being great for problem skin such as eczema, acne, etc and even have a tag on instagram, #frankfeedback, where people upload before and after pictures that boast of their success. Most of the hype surrounds their original body scrub, but I opted to try their facial scrub. It's meant to be used 2-3 times a week and so far, I have to say it's been pretty good for my skin. It includes ground coffee to scrub away dry skin, as well as moisturising agents such as rosehip, coconut, almond and grapeseed oils. It doesn't feel too harsh, and although it does make my eczema a bit red if I'm going through a mini flare, it's fine and smooth in the morning. Amazingly, this line actually originated from right here in Melbourne (for once) and it's only $19.95 for a 125ml bottle with free shipping yay! I'm super keen to try their Creamy Face Cleanser but as I've said, I'm determined to finish my current one!

Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment - Advanced Therapy


So I've had this sitting in my drawer for a while but have only started using it on my eczema in the last couple of months. Whenever I put it on parts of my eczema-y face at night (not my whole face as it has the consistency of Vaseline and is therefore greasy and heavy), I wake up in the morning with it being much better and less irritated. I have also found that this is the only thing that heals my nipple eczema relatively quickly (a night) and keeps it moisturised and (until I scratch the wounds back open or wear a bra that is). Unfortunately, I couldn't find this specific product in Australia so had someone buy this for me from America. Guess I'll just pay a higher price for this on Amazon as I'm definitely going to repurchase it.



I've also tried a couple of new products but found that they didn't work for me.
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser: It did the trick well enough, but would make my face feel tight and sting when I used it during a flare, no matter how mild.
Sukin Facial Treatment Oil: As much as I wanted to like this, I just didn't. I felt that it didn't moisturise my face that much and would irritate some of my eczema.
Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate: My friend recommended this and I was able to get a sample of it to try. While it didn't react badly with my skin, I didn't feel that it had any positive impact. Perhaps I have to use it for a longer period of time, but I don't think I'll be taking that gamble since it's a bit steep in price.
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream: I only tried a sample of this over the course of a week or two. My skin didn't react badly but I didn't feel like it really improved my skin



No comments:

Post a Comment